1. Google has revealed Android 9 will officially be called ‘Android Pie’ with more AI, Security & Privacy Features.
Google revealed on Monday that, The next version of sugary snack-themed Android and the successor to Android Oreo will now be known as Android 9.0 Pie, and it has officially arrived.
Google says Android Pie comes with a “heaping helping of artificial intelligence baked in to make your phone smarter, simpler, and more tailored to you.”
The New Version has built up with Extra Features as Following:
- Security and Privacy: Google says Android Pie enables industry-leading hardware security capabilities that allow protecting your sensitive information such as credit card data using a secure, dedicated chip.
- AI-Powered Adaptive Battery
- AI-Powered Adaptive Brightness
- App Actions that helps users get things done faster by predicting what they will want to do next based on their context and displays that action right on their smartphone.
- A “slice” of relevant information from other apps when the operating system believes you need it.
2. Over 100 HP inkjet Printer models have two critical bugs so patch now, warns HP
HP has patches for two severe flaws affecting over 166 consumer models and multi-function business printers.
Days after launching its printer bug bounty offering up to $10,000 for researchers to find “obscure defects” in its printers, HP has released two firmware fixes for two severe ink printer bugs.
“Two security vulnerabilities have been identified with certain HP Inkjet printers. A maliciously crafted file sent to an affected device can cause a stack or static buffer overflow, which could allow remote code execution,” wrote HP’s PSRT in a security bulletin.
Affected models include various versions of its popular OfficeJet, DeskJet, and Envy printers, as well as DesignJet and PageWide Pro printers.
Cyber Security Tips:
– The company has released firmware updates for the affected printers and is releasing them through its software and drivers page, where customers can search for their specific model.