[ Nov 26, 2018 ]
Malicious hackers launching a new phishing campaign that targets Spotify customers to hijacking the user’s account and steal the credentials.
Spotify customers targeted via emails along with malicious links that redirect into a deceptive website which leads users to give away their credentials.
Once users enter their credentials, username and password will be sent to the attacker’s repository of compromised data.
When analyzing the Sender address, it reveals that the Email ID was not originated from Spotify and users spoof the email address and pretending like legitimate is pretty common for nowadays.
Cyber Security Tips :
- Have a unique Email address.
- Do not open any attachments without proper validation.
- Don’t open emails voluntary emails.
- Use Spam filters & Antispam gateways.
- Never respond to any spam emails.